2017 Student of the Year Competition IS NOW CLOSED.
2018 Competition will begin in January 2018
The Student of the Year competition is open to 11th and 12th grade students whose attitude, behavior, work habits and/or grades changed as a result of being motivated by The Challenge Program, Inc.
- Students are eligible whether or not they have ever won a Challenge Program award.
- Students will be asked to complete a short information survey with a chance to describe how The Challenge Program had an impact on their school-career and/or their lives.
- The Deadline is Final.
- Entries will be independently and anonymously reviewed.
- Three Finalists will be announced via an email blast to the schools along with Three Alternate Finalists and students with Honorable Mention on (Date to be Determined).
- Each of the top 3 Finalists will receive a $1,000 check.
- Permission/Consent Forms will be sent to the finalists for a guardian signature.
- A Deadline will be announced to return all consent forms for continued eligibility.
- ALL FINALISTS MUST ATTEND THE CHALLENGE PROGRAM, INC. CRYSTAL OWL GALA
- Crystal Owl Gala will take place (Date, Place & Time to be Determined)
- Finalists attend free of charge and must be accompanied by at least one adult.
- Two Complementary Tickets will be provided for each to bring 2 adult guests.
- Two Complementary Tickets will be provided to Educators from the Finalist’s attended School.
- Two Complementary Tickets will be provided to Businesses Representatives of the Finalist’s supporting Business Partner.
- Student of the Year will be announced during the program segment of the Crystal Owl event in Pittsburgh, PA
- Television and print media are invited to the event.
- Finalists and their schools will be acknowledged in press releases before and after the event.
- Video and photographs will be placed on the TCP website.
To receive the above honors, students must be present at the event (Date, Place & Time to be Determined)