THERE ARE NO OPENINGS as of 10/2/2019
Program Development Manager
A Program Development Manager develops and implements The Challenge Program, Inc. in assigned service regions, which currently includes parts of Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio and northern West Virginia.
A Program Development Manager must demonstrate understanding and passion for our mission; be energetic, highly structured, goal-oriented and consistently meet deadlines. Must be comfortable with presenting to large audiences.
Work is performed under the general direction of the Director of Program Development. This position is an exempt position and requires working remotely from a home office.
The Program Development Manager is expected to canvas a given territory, identify, pursue and close new business support for the organization. The Program Development Manager will be accountable for building and fostering relationships with business partners, schools and community advocates; this will require frequent follow-up to effectively service and maintain partnerships. As a Program Development Manager, you will be expected to organize initiatives to solicit funding including but not limited to school sponsorships and general donations.
The Program Development Manager is expected to be a self-starter, demonstrate initiative, creativity, and persistence (follow up) with minimal supervision, dress in a professional manner and present a positive image as a representative of The Challenge Program, Inc.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Program Development Manager will assist in a wide range of duties including, but not limited to the following:
• Develop and facilitate The Challenge Program, Inc. in high schools in the designated territory.
• Develop a fundraising plan giving special attention to high growth industries. Focus on multi-year commitments from donors.
• Effectively communicate Program values in order to gain new and increase and maintain existing sponsorship.
• Secure business partners for new schools with a focus on “unsponsored” schools in the current assigned territory.
• Present at Kick-Off Assemblies and Awards Ceremonies at high schools throughout the fall and spring.
• Facilitate workforce development activities among partnerships.
• Attend Networking functions and market the Program throughout the designated territory.
• Create, maintain and enhance relationships with business representatives, school officials and community stakeholders.
• Develop and strengthen Business/Education Advisory Councils in designated territory and conduct timely meetings.
• Assist in compiling and maintaining accurate contact information in a database (DonorPerfect).
• Assist with promotion, marketing, and planning of Program functions as needed.
• Work closely and communicate frequently with TCP staff to provide the information needed for marketing, communications, and operations.
• BA/BS in business/marketing/communications or at least two to three years of directly related experience in sales, fundraising and customer service.
• Outstanding organizational skills.
• Be a strong closer.
• Have a proven track record of cultivating relationships and business that result in successful fundraising endeavors.
• Self-motivated, flexible, and willing to travel and work evenings and occasional weekends, as required.
o This position has a heavy travel demand from September-December and May-June often requiring leaving your base 1-2 hours before the start of the business day and arriving home after the close of business.
o This position also requires flexibility during these periods of time to cover a school outside of your territory.
o Must be able to work independently.
• Understand a workday may begin prior to 8:30 AM and go beyond 5 PM
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with education and business leaders and to establish and maintain a positive working relationship with other employees of The Challenge Program, Inc.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with information related to The Challenge Program, Inc.
THERE ARE NO OPENINGS as of 10/2/2019
The Challenge Program, Inc. is looking for bright, creative and open-minded students who will support day-to-day operations and the advancement of our mission to motivate high school students to be successful in the next phase of their lives.
We value innovative individuals to advise on changing social trends and fresh content and graphics for social media, special projects, website and newsletter content and developing presentations to high school students.
Internships with us open the opportunity to join The Challenge Program, Inc. Young Professionals Group. We currently have a Young Professionals group in Johnstown and one in Pittsburgh.
Internships are available throughout the year and offer $8.00/hour.
Social Media Planning/Posting
Digital Media (video/video editing a plus)
Event Planning and Volunteer Support
To apply please click INTERNSHIP APPLICATION