THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO OPENINGS
This is a full-time, permanent position with The Challenge Program, Inc.
This position involves the development and implementation of The Challenge Program, Inc. operation and fundraising activities. A Program Development Manager must demonstrate understanding and passion for our mission; be energetic, highly structured, goal oriented and consistently meet deadlines. Must be comfortable with presenting to large audiences.
Work is performed under the general direction of the Senior Program Development Manager. This position is an exempt position.
The Program Development Manager is expected to canvas a given territory, identify, pursue and close new business support for the organization as well as follow-up to maintain partnerships. As a Program Development Manager you will be expected to organize initiatives to solicit funding including but not limited to school sponsorships and general donations.
The Program Development Manager is expected to assist when necessary and requested, in coordinating school assemblies and organization of fundraising events.
The Program Development Manager is expected to be a self-starter, demonstrate initiative, creativity and persistence (follow up) with minimal supervision, dress in a professional manner and present a positive image as a representative of The Challenge Program, Inc.
The Program Development Manager will assist in a wide range of duties including, but not limited to the following:
• Develop a fundraising plan giving special attention to high growth industries. Focus on multi-year commitments from donors.
• Effectively communicate Program values in order to gain new and increase and maintain existing sponsorship.
• Secure business partners for new schools with a focus on “open” schools in current assigned territory.
• Create, maintain and enhance relationships with business representatives, school officials and community stakeholders.
• Facilitate workforce development activities among partnerships.
• Work closely with Operations Department to provide information for press releases and event information.
• Develop and strengthen Business/Education Advisory Councils in designated territory and conduct timely meetings.
• Assist in compiling and maintaining accurate contact information in DonorPerfect.
• Present at Kick-Off Assemblies and Awards Ceremonies at high schools throughout the fall and spring.
• Assist with promotion, marketing and planning of Program events.
• Attend Networking functions and market the Program throughout assigned territory.
• Communicate frequently with TCP staff.
• BA/BS in business or marketing and at least one to three years of directly related experience such as sales or fundraising.
• Outstanding organizational skills.
• Be a strong closer.
• Have a proven track record of cultivating relationships and business that result in successful fundraising endeavors.
• Self motivated, flexible, and willing to travel and work evenings and occasional weekends, as required.
o This position has a heavy travel demand from September-December and May-June often requiring leaving your base 1-2 hours before the start of business and arriving home after the close of business.
o This position also requires the flexibility during these periods of time to cover a school outside of your territory.
o Must be able to work independently from home office space.
• Understand a work day may begin prior to 8:30 AM and go beyond 5 PM
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with education and business leaders and to establish and maintain a positive working relationship with other employees of The Challenge Program, Inc.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with information related to The Challenge Program, Inc.
Summer 2017 (can begin April or May – August)
Fall 2017 (end of August – mid-December)
The Challenge Program, Inc. is looking for bright, creative and open-minded students to support day-to-day operations and the advancement of our mission to strengthen high school students to be successful in the next phase of their lives.
We value innovative individuals to advise on changing social trends and fresh content and graphics for social media, special projects, website and newsletter content and developing presentations to high school students.
Internships with us open the opportunity to join The Challenge Program, Inc. Young Professionals before graduating. We currently have a Young Professionals group in Pittsburgh and one in Johnstown. Being a Challenge Program Young Professional allows you to network with other young professionals in various businesses, attend YP events, participate in fundraising, represent The Challenge Program, Inc. at award ceremonies and begin or add to your resume and professional development for your future.
Internships are available throughout the year and offer $8.00/hour.
Social Media Planning/Posting
Digital Media (video/video editing a plus)
Event Planning and Volunteer Support
To apply please click on the INTERNSHIP APPLICATION LINK in the right hand box.
COMING SOON –
OPENINGS FOR VOLUNTEERS:
– Spring 2017 (May into early June)
– Fall 2017 (September – early December)
– Winter 2018 (February-March)
The Challenge Program, Inc. is always looking for volunteers to assist in the office during the fall and spring seasons with activities such as assembling banners and award packets for schools and students and scanning images.
COMING SOON –
OPENINGS FOR VOLUNTEERS:
May – early June, 2017
Good volunteer opportunity for retired educators or professionals; young professionals and interns.
Volunteer in your own community.
The Challenge Program, Inc. is always looking for volunteers to assist with representing The Challenge Program, Inc. during our very busy Senior Awards Programs.
These programs take place Monday through Friday during the day and in the evenings. We are looking for responsible and reliable individuals over 21 to present the graduating seniors their Challenge Program awards.
The requirements are:
– Professional demeanor
– Professional attire
– Good verbal communication skills
– Be early to meet the school contact and obtain the five award packets.
– Be early to greet the business supporter of the school
– Reliable transportation
– Ability to give a 1-2 minute fully scripted speech in front of students, faculty and family.
The Challenge Program, Inc. will provide you with:
– Name and location of school; time of program and directions.
– Name of school educator who will have the awards for you to present
– Name of Business Representative attending the program
– A scripted 1- 2 minute speech in advance
Interested volunteers should fill out the appropriate form in the right hand box.