The Challenge Program provides a vital bridge between schools, businesses, and the young people in our region. The program provides incentives to high school sophomores, juniors and seniors to excel in school, and participate in their community. When industry and community unite, a clear message is sent to our young people: we care about them, their education and the path they are taking.
By supporting our program, you will assist us in:
- Providing awards to students giving them an incentive to excel
- Expanding our business ambassador network at each school
Educating our young people on local career opportunities and encouraging them to remain in the region and give back to the local communities that supported them
The Challenge Program, Inc. is now approved!
Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) Program.
- Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program (EITC) Tax credits are available for eligible businesses contributing to an Educational Improvement Organization.
- Uses: Tax credits may be applied against the tax liability of a business for the tax year in which the contribution was made.
- Funding: Tax credits equal to 75% of its contribution up to a maximum of $300,000 per taxable year; can be increased to 90% of the contribution, if business agrees to provide same amount for two consecutive tax years.
- Eligibility: Businesses authorized to do business in Pennsylvania who are subject to one or more of the following taxes: Corporate Net Income Tax; Capital Stock Franchise Tax; Bank and Trust Company Shares Tax; Title Insurance Companies Shares Tax; Insurance Premiums Tax; Mutual Thrift Institution Tax; or Personal Income Tax of S corporation shareholders or Partnership partners.
- Terms: An approved company must provide proof to DCED within 90 days of the notification letter that the contribution was made within 60 days of the notification letter; Tax credits not used in the tax year the contribution was not made may not be carried forward or carried back and is not refundable or transferable.
- Where to Apply: Businesses can find more information about applying for eligibility by visiting www.newpa.com and click on the community header, then click on funding link, scroll down to EITC. Or by contacting Finance Department, Karen Robatin, Director at The Challenge Program, Inc. at (814) 533-7401.
If you would like to speak with a member of the TCP staff about supporting our program, please contact us at (814) 533-7401 or by email. Otherwise, we invite you to make a donation to TCP online today, below!