The Challenge Program works to develop good habits, behaviors and attitudes in students so they will be better prepared for the challenges, competition and rewards of the workforce. The award money is only the icing on the cake. Therefore, at the encouragement of educators on our advisory council, The Challenge Program moved to a lottery system to choose the final winners.
A lottery system encourages ALL students (10-12) to compete for an award regardless of their previous academic performance. This “wide-net” concept promotes total student participation by motivating students to reach higher and achieve more than they may have believed was possible. Below outlines the procedure for choosing award winners.
- Educators select FINALISTS according to each award’s criteria.
- Educators are provided with Survey Slips to distribute to each Finalist.
- Educators are also provided with an embedded link to The Challenge Program online Student Survey. Students are asked to take the survey to continue eligibility.
- Once the Survey is completed, a passcode will pop-up.
- Students are asked to record their name and the passcode on the Survey Slips and hand them back to their Educator.
- Educators are to place these slips into a lottery drawing for the appropriate award category.
- WINNERS are then drawn from these lotteries.